Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ritual Thoughts 2

So last night I went to my sister's birthday dinner and went home in general for her birthday and Easter. This made me think about how we mark special or distinct occasions by doing something out of the ordinary and I was figuring maybe in my score project final that maybe I can incorporate an ordinary event and use something abrupt distinct and different from the set event to point towards something important and that I could possibly use this visually or in the sound or combine both.

Then again at church there was a ton of rituals going on but I feel as if I should not use that as a source of inspiration since it feels over used in my opinion. But something that is interesting to me is the aspect of the taking pictures of the day.

Not the medium of recording events but the idea of memory and how it is that we try to remember things and how that is done. The process and ritual of remembering is probably something that I will try to explore on this final assignment but I still need to determine and think of ways to show this visually, soundly or both in a combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment