Sunday, March 28, 2010

Constructed Sound Space 3

So I am listening to the song I created and this is getting more and more interesting. I am having trouble deciding whether to have more chaos included in the piece or have it more serene. I feel like parts of it are like the second loop and the first loop from the previous sound projects, however the second the longer intervals is the one most prominent in this piece. So I am not sure whether to add more voices or leave it simplified.

The concept I don't think will be affected with either change since the idea of the piece is to have various interpretations and reading from what you get from something depending on yourself.

I finally figured out the speaker placement and audience placements. Essentially I will divide everyone into seven groups and place the speakers facing the hallway opposed to each other. Hopefully everyone gets different parts of the compilation and together as a group they will together experience the full range of the compilation.

On a side note it has been fun experimenting with the stereo and I might have gotten carried away with the stereo aspect but that is part of this process so I feel I am working at an appropriate level.

No comments:

Post a Comment